Reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring system on your Silverado without a trip to the dealership – By Dan Rosales
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Apply the parking brake.
3. Using the DIC, press the vehicle information button until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press the trip odometer reset stem located on the instrument panel cluster until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle has the DIC buttons, press the set/reset button. The horn will sound twice to indicate the TPMS receiver is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will display. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press and hold the trip odometer reset stem until the horn chirps twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message is displayed.
4. Alternate method: Simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters lock and unlock buttons until a horn chirp sounds or use the Tech 2 to initiate the learn process. A horn chirp will sound indication the mode has been enabled.
5. Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the J-46079 against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp, or increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 5 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
– Right front
- Right rear
- Left rear
6. After the LR sensor has been learned, turn OFF the ignition to exit the learn mode.
7. After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended PSI.
8. For proper vehicle operation and to ensure coverage under the provisions of the new vehicle warranty, the vehicle must be reprogrammed with the correct calibrations as soon as the accessory wheels are installed.