How TPMS Can Keep You Safe and Save You Money!
TPMS and maintaining your tire pressure has a variety of benefits
1) Road Safety
- Sensors notify you when your tire pressure is low or going flat by turning on warning lights when the tire pressure falls below 25% of indicated tire pressure vale.
- Properly inflated tires improve vehicle handling
- Decrease tire wear
- Reduce braking distance
2) TPMS Saves You Money!
- Low pressure leads to higher temperature in your tires, which can lead to permanent tire damage.
- Tires that wear evenly last longer before needing repair or replacement
- Some tire manufacturers advise that just 5 psi below indicated tire pressure value could lessen a tire’s tread life by 25%. A typical tire loses about 1-2psi a month and if your tire’s psi is not regularly monitored and adjusted, you may be looking to replace your tires faster than necessary.
- According to www.FuelEconomy.gov, keeping your tires properly inflated can improve your gas mileage by up to 3.3 %, with an equivalent gas savings of $0.11 a gallon. Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage by 0.3% for every 1 psi drop in pressure of all four tires. Properly inflated tires are safer and last longer.
Tire pressure monitoring systems are essential in keeping you and your vehicle out of harms way. Maintaining proper driving and maintenance habits ensures your safety and the safety of those around you. Driving is a privilege as well as a responsibility- so let’s work together to make the road a safer place for future generations to come!