1) Insert the screw into the slotted hole of the sensor: Using an index finger, insert the screw into the slotted hole of the sensor housing, and check that the flats of the square part of the screw fit securely.
2) Assemble the valve to the screw: Turn the valve stem 3 to 4 full rotations.
3) Slide the valve stem through the valve hole of the rim: Hold the sensor feet against the drop center of the rim and the grommet against the seal surface.
4) Insert the nut over the valve stem: By hand or with an 11mm socket wrench begin to tighten the nut 3 to 4 rotations.
5) Continue tightening the nut: Using a Torque wrench, continue tightening the nut.
6) Valve/screw attachment is completed: The nut’s internal flange is designed to break away at approximately 20 lbf.in or 2.2 Nm. The screw and the valve stem are now secured, but the sensor is not secured.
7) Tighten the nut to the final torque: Continue to tighten the nut to the final torque (35 lbf.in or 4.0Nm). At this point, the valve/wheel attachment is completed.