The Decision Flowchart helps determine whether a tire pressure monitoring sensor needs to be replaced
1) Start: Tire is removed: Remove sensor from wheel and inspect for damage
2) Is the sensor housing broken or physically damaged?
3) Replace both the sensor and the valve assembly.
4) Is the housing coating by any tire sealant?
5) For adjustable angle sensors, replace the valve, break-away flange nut, and cap. For fixed angle sensors, replace the valve assembly including the rubber grommet, valve core, and cap.
6) Make sure the new valve cap is securely in place. END.